Psytec Games Ltd
Based in London, United Kingdom
25-OCT-2016 (PSVR), 08-JAN-2016 (PC)
Sony Playstation VR
Windlands is first person grappling hook VR exploration game. Soar through the ruins of a fallen civilisation and discover the secrets of the ancient world. It appeals to those who want to explore the breathtaking vistas at a relaxing pace, while the challenging routes attract gamers who like to master the skill of soaring through the towering environments at top speed.
Jon Hibbins and Ilja Kivikangas met at an Oculus Virtual Reality Event in the London Facebook Offices, Jon was there for Crystal Rift and Ilja was there for Windlands, a special connection was made and the rest is history.
- Designed for Virtual Reality First for the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, this leads to a rich immersive 3D environment with details you can lean into and see, this also presents perfectly in 2D.
- Grappling hooks focused movement.
- Variety of expansive levels that reward exploration.
- Multiple routes provide a range of optional challenges.
- Skill based, Speed Runs and Time Trials.
- Goal Driven Gameplay.
- Collectibles that reward exploration and completionism.
- Calm, Positive, Pressure-Free, Non-Violent, Zen like relaxing play.
- Unlock hidden areas and discover the many secrets. Create new paths and bring life back to the shattered world.
Windlands Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Windlands. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Proto Awards Nomination " - Best Original Score
- "Proto Awards Nomination" - Best Independent Experience
- "This gorgeous game is the best experience on the Oculus Rift"
- Ben Gilbert, Tech Insider
- "I became so engrossed that my body was facing a completely different direction when I took the headset off, and I hadn’t even noticed. "
- Lisa Eadicicco, time.com
- "Windlands already one of my favourite games on the Rift"
- Edmund, Virtual Reality Reviewer
- "incredibly fun, unique exploration game"
- Tom Rudderham, The Rift Arcade
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.