Psytec Games Ltd
Based in London, United Kingdom
20-APR-2015 (PC), 29-NOV-2016 (PS4)
|USD - PS4||$12.99|
|EURO - PS4||€9.99|
|GBP - PS4||£7.99|
|USD - PC/MAC||$9.99|
|EURO - PC/MAC||€9.99|
|GBP - PC/MAC||£6.99|
Crystal Rift is a grid-based dungeon-crawler, in classic first person perspective. An experiential horror challenge game that takes the player through a series of increasingly mysterious locations. Made first for Virtual Reality.
Jon Hibbins and Nick Pittom met at a Bossa Studios Virtual Reality Event, Jon was demoing Crystal Rift in Early alpha, Nick had made Spirited Away - Boiler Room VR and the My Neighbor Totoro - Bus Stop Scene, both were fans of each others work and decided that evening to work together on Crystal Rift.
- Designed for Virtual Reality First, this leads to a rich immersive 3D environment with details you can lean into and see, this also presents perfectly in 2D.
- Classic dungeon crawling experience with grid-based movement, hidden rooms, pressure plates, trapdoors, fireballs, challenges, tactics and more.
- A unique and compelling story told through the environment, text and speech.
- Optional Scare level, Off, Normal or Extreme.
- Optional Difficulty levels including hardcore perma-death
- An ingame Editor (PC Only), you can create, edit and share maps built inside the game, no external tools required.
Crystal Rift Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Crystal Rift. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Proto Awards Finalist" BEST INTERACTION DESIGN, 2015
- "the game is more than worth your pennies – especially if you’re a fan of the genre and own an Oculus Rift headset."
- Paul James, Road to VR
- "In fact, not only has the first-person experience translated to Gear VR with seeming ease, but the deliberately-paced gameplay serves to complement its newfound home."
- Jamie Feltham, VR Focus
- "Great little Dungeon Crawler - You know what? It was excellent. The Vive tech is a step above Rift DK2, and the game showed it off beautifully. I (Matt) nearly fell over playing it, but it was super fun."
- The Game Show, The Game Show
- "Hidden gem of the show"
- Parallax Live, Parallax Live
- "it’s Fucking Ace"
- Gamerscore Whores, Gamerscore Whores
- "A Really Good Game - It was amazing"
- Zer0Duck30, Zer0Duck30
- "It’s good shit man - Incredible"
- TheApexHound, TheApexHound
- "it’s a powerful experience"
- PlayStation Universe, PlayStation Universe
- "The sense of vertigo I felt while peering down into the dark abyss that awaited me should I make the smallest of errors was genuinely frightening (and awesome)"
- Power Up Gaming, Power Up Gaming
- "Overall, Crystal Rift is a quality VR experience that offers up a stylish, pick up and play spin on the already established first person survival genre."
- moddownload.com, moddownload.com
- "I bloody loved this!"
- Troop of Geeks, Troop of Geeks
- "I was so enamoured with it (Crystal Rift) that I wouldn’t stop singing its praises for the rest of the convention."
- Indie Haven, Indie Haven
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Crystal Rift is available now Steam store.steampowered.com.
Crystal Rift is also available on Humble Store store.steampowered.com.
Crystal Rift is also available on Amazon amazon.com.
Stock Game Footage for Reviewers drive.google.com.
About Psytec Games Ltd
Psytec Games Ltd creates awesome Virtual Reality Games
More information on Psytec Games Ltd, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Crystal Rift Credits
Indie Game Developer
Indie Game Design and Story